Monday, February 25, 2013

17 months!

Cameron is 17 months old!

Actual age: 17 months

Adjusted age: 14 months

Weight: 21 lb, 13.3 oz

Height: Measuring to the best of my ability, 29 inches

Diaper size: 4

Clothing size: 18 months

Medications/medical concerns: The eczema is getting worse on Cameron's face. We are keeping it under control with intermittent use of the steroid cream and Aveeno eczema therapy lotion. The lotion makes it much more "mild", but it is still present. The steroid makes it go away completely but we can't use that long term and when we stop using it there is a "rebound" affect, where the eczema comes back worse than when we started using it. So for the foreseeable future I will ONLY be using the Aveeno lotion.

Sleep: Cameron goes to bed between 7:30 and 8, and wakes up between 8 and 9. She naps from about 1-2:30 or 3.

Eating: Cameron has her three meals and a snack. She loves bananas, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, mandarin oranges, and peaches. Veggies are quite touch and go at the moment. Carrots are always a sure thing but the rest are day to day. She also likes chicken, egg salad, chicken salad, tuna salad, lunch meat, cheese, peanut butter, goldfish, animal crackers, fruit snacks, and cereal bars. She drinks between 1 and 1.5 sippy cups full of milk per day which is an improvement.

Developmental milestones: Cameron is now walking 100% of the time. She does not crawl at all anymore. She is also standing up on her own (without pulling up on something) by pushing off of the floor. Her balance is great and she doesn't really fall unless she trips on something. On the talking front, she has words!! It sounds like she says doggie, dada, mama, milk, clap, dance, and bye bye. She says bye bye for sure while waving. I would call that her first official word. She seems to know that I am mama and that Josh is dada. She will say the word clap while clapping, say the word dance (DAH!) while dancing, and repeat the word milk when I give her her sippy cup. She will point to her nose if I ask her "where's your nose?" (not all the time, but when she feels like it). Like I said, she waves bye bye whenever I ask her to, along with the word. She seems to point to Penny and say "dah-da!" which I'm pretty sure is her version of doggie. She will hand me something when I ask her for it. So her communication is really coming along! I am really happy.

Teeth: 8! She got two more bottom teeth. So now she has all four front teeth on both the top and bottom. Her gums might be swollen around some incoming molars but I really don't know.

Best moment this month: Nothing specifically. It's been one if those months where nothing really specific happened. But Cameron has REALLY grown this month. There have been a few moments where I am just kind of smacked in the face with her new found toddlerhood, she becomes more and more beautiful every day, she becomes more of a personality and just a unique character. I have absolutely loved watching her grow this month. So my best moments were those moments where I looked at her and thought oh my, she is seriously a toddler. A unique, head strong, smart, gorgeous toddler, her own real person. It really is amazing watching a baby become a person (if that makes any sense).

This was my absolute worst blogging month and I am sad about it. There have been so many moments where I want to blog but Cameron keeps me too busy. But in the future I vow to blog at least once a week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment