Monday, November 19, 2012

Stomach bug

Poor Cameron was sick all weekend. Thursday night I kept hearing her on the monitor awake so I would wait and see if she would fall back asleep. She always did but finally I went in to check on her for peace of mind. When I went in there both her and her crib were covered in vomit. I felt horrible. She was dry heaving for the rest of the night and neither of us got any sleep. She continued to throw up for the next three days. She was not acting like herself at all. She would not play with toys or do anything. She just wanted to be held and cuddled. She was also sleeping the majority of the day, poor girl felt awful. It was actually nice for a while because I miss the days when I could just hold her all the time and she would sleep on my chest. But then I got really sick. Let me tell you, taking care of a sick baby while you are sick and all you want to do is lay on the couch is not fun at all.

But the good news is today Cameron woke up acting 100% better. She is back to eating and playing and talking and smiling. None of which she would do over the weekend. I know this is only the beginning of stomach bugs with a child but I never want to experience that again. I'm starting to feel better myself, after getting no sleep Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night I finally slept through the night last night. This morning I was able to eat and drink quite a bit and not feel terribly sick afterwards. Josh was the last one to get the bug, his started yesterday and he didn't go to work today.

So anyways, that's my update. I am just so glad Cameron is feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment