Friday, November 11, 2011

7 weeks

Cameron will be 7 weeks old tomorrow I can't believe how old she is getting!

The only real news I have is that they want to try her at breast feeding over the weekend. Not to feed her, she may get some milk obviously but it's mostly so that she can start practicing. Her real feeds will continue through her tube. They want to see how she responds, if she latches and all that stuff. I don't know why but I'm kind of nervous. I guess I just don't want to be disappointed if she doesn't respond well to it. I am excited though, she's becoming more and more of a real baby!

She still has her nasal cannula. They tried to start weaning her Monday and she didn't like it so they stopped. She did so well though over the next couple of days that they are trying it again today. She's not getting any oxygen from it, just air flow. All they are doing is weaning how strong the flow is. I really think this time she will do fine.

Mostly though things are still remaining pretty much the same. I feel like we have been talking about bottle feeding forever but it will happen. They want her to be close to 1500 grams (about 3 lb 5 oz) before they start her on the bolus feeds (where they give her larger quantities at one time instead of a continuous drip). Then after that she will go to the bottle. She is 3 lb 2 oz today so we're getting close. Her doctor did promise though that he would have her bottle feeding by Thursday at the latest.

And if you can believe it, she is still getting cuter! Here are some new pictures:








No comments:

Post a Comment